Saturday, July 2, 2011

"Everything Tastes Bitter!"

Something terrible has happened.  Over the last 2 days, everything salty that I eat tastes weird.  It's bitter and soapy, and for a second I thought I had developed the horrible aversion to cilantro that a few of my friends complain about. My coffee tasted terrible.  I even threw away a half eaten cracker with cheese because it just tasted wrong.  


Something was clearly amiss.

I couldn't figure out what was wrong, me and T had eaten exactly the same things, but he hadn't been having any similar taste disturbances

It had gone on for 18 hours by now and I had had enough.  So, naturally, I googled "everything tastes bitter".  

The culprit?  

PINE NUTS!?!!!!  I have PINE MOUTH?!  What in the world is that?!

At least I have wikipedia to thank for solving the mystery.  Apparently this is a condition that can last from between 2 days to a week.  Maybe it's a indication of my in general very happy life, but this is the worst thing that has happened to me in about a year. 

Ugh, I guess I have no choice now but to eat random things in my pantry until I decide that the taste has gone away.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of this! Must buy them from mediterranean i think.

    ReplyDelete